According to the Punch,during the wee hours of Sunday morning, 21st May 2023 ,a group of armed assailants believed to be Fulani herdsmen attacked some farmers in the Kwi neighbourhood, located in the Riyom Local Government Area LGA of Plateau state,after which they opened fire on one of the farmers from close range.
However,one Solomon Dalyop, a youth leader in the Kwi neighbourhood, explained to local newsmen in Jos, the capital city of the state on Sunday that the bloodthirsty herdsmen ended the life of the deceased farmer, recognized as Nuhu Nyango for challenging the herdsmen for bring their cows into his farmland to graze on his crops.
The youth leader went on to say that, what happened was that some farmers in Kwi community on Sunday morning noticed some cows in their farms grazing on their crops and they went there to stop the destruction of their crops and chase the cows away.
But unknown to them, some herders were hiding in the bush with their guns. When the young farmers were about to drive the cows away, the herders opened fire and shot one of them dead.
The name of the deceased is Nuhu Nyango. We are are just gathered to bury him at the moment”,he recalled.
On the other hand,all efforts to get a response from the public relations officer (PPRO) of the Plateau state police command,Alabo Alfred regarding the tragic occurrence proved abortive because all calls forwarded to his official line were not going through because his phones were switched off.
Furthermore,sources from the targeted region were thrown into mourning and despair because the gruesome killing of Nyango on Sunday is the most recent outcome of one of the nefarious activities carried out by Fulani herdsmen in the region,amongst several other assaults in the past few weeks,whereby many innocent lives were lost including that of women and children.
In the meantime,the Christian and spiritual leaders in the state issued a press report on Sunday,where they spoke against the act of the herders,urging the state government as well as the police authorities to stand up to their responsibilities and fight for the people because the incessant bloodshed is getting out of hand.
The press report read, we are very deeply saddened by the resurgence of mindless killings of innocent citizens, mainly Christians, in Mangu and Riyom Local Government Areas of Plateau state”.
The killings which started in Mangu villages, Plateau state, Nigeria on Monday, 15th May 2023 by so-called unknown gunmen has claimed many lives and properties with many persons still missing.
We pray that God will touch the hearts of the political leaders to stand up for the people before the herdsmen take full control of the entire nation, it concluded.
- The extorting and suffocating security check points in South-Eastern Nigeria.Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria, for quite a long time, suffering under the pains and suffocation of countless checkpoints mounted in the area by different Nigeria security forces, including the Army and Police. The argument is that the checkpoints are meant to enforce security and counter the activities of criminal elements. This sounds theoretically good….
- Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side.Definition Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side, arising due to the paralysis of specific nerves. This syndrome can manifest at any stage of life; approximately 5 percent of those affected have it since birth (congenital). Horner syndrome is marked by the drooping of the upper eyelid…
- Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area.Overview Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area. It can occur in various parts of the body and may range from a mild annoyance to a severe, debilitating condition. Pruritus can be caused by numerous factors, including skin disorders, allergies, insect bites, dry…
- Nigeria Supreme Court reject Atiku Abubakar CSU evidence against Tinubu.The Supreme Court of Nigeria has dismissed the application by Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to admit fresh evidence in his appeal against President Bola Tinubu for lack of jurisdiction. The apex court said Atiku’s petition was a friendly joke. It insisted that the petition could not be granted….
- Supreme Court of Nigeria approve it’s live transmission of judgement today.The Supreme Court has approved the live transmission of its judgment in the applications challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu during the 2023 presidential election. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola, gave the approval moments ago. The appeals challenging Tinubu’s election were filed by Peter Obi of the Labour party and Atiku Abubakar…