South Korea and Nigeria’s Flying Eagles, are gearing up for a highly anticipated quarterfinal match in the ongoing FIFA U20 World Cup in Argentina.
The match is billed for the Estadio Único Madre de Ciudades in Santiago del Estero for 6.30pm.
The clash between these teams is expected to reignite a rivalry witnessed on previous occasions at this prestigious tournament as both teams vie for a coveted spot in the semifinals.
With challenging track records in the FIFA U20 World Cup, the encounter promises to be thrilling. Having locked horns in previous editions, both nations are no strangers to the intensity and pressure of this competition stage.
Nigeria’s Flying Eagles delivered a resounding blow to the host country Argentina in the second round of the knockout stages, securing a place in the highly anticipated quarterfinals of the tournament.
With brilliant skill and determination, the Flying Eagles outshone their opponents, defeating the Argentine team 2-0 at San Juan. Led by their astute coach Ladan Bosso, the Nigerian squad showcased a defensive masterclass; effectively nullifying Argentina’s attacking threats throughout the match.
The team’s relentless efforts paid off in the second half, as Ibrahim Muhammad and Rilwanu Sarki found the back of the net, securing a memorable victory.
In a thrilling quarterfinal match against Ecuador, a South American contender, South Korea showed their attacking prowess, led by the exceptional Bae Junho.
With a captivating 3-2 victory over Ecuador, Bae Junho not only scored a goal but also provided an assist to his teammates. Their tenacity and ability to capitalize on opportunities proved decisive, ultimately triumphing over their opponents in a pulsating encounter.
As the tournament progresses, Nigeria’s triumph over host nation Argentina and South Korea’s exhilarating victory against Ecuador set the stage for a captivating quarterfinal clash between the two nations. Football enthusiasts around the world eagerly await this matchup, which promises to deliver another enthralling spectacle of skill, strategy, and fierce competition.
Bosso, who was also head coach when the Flying Eagles reached the quarterfinals of the FIFA U20 World Cup in Canada 16 years ago, told thenff.com that his team has kept to the pre-tournament philosophy of dealing with one match at a time.
We are delighted to have executed a perfect game plan against Argentina. Our strategy and tactics worked out and the boys worked very hard.
Now, we have to concentrate on what to expect from the Koreans. We have been watching their games at this championship and we have a good idea how to prepare for them.
Again, the boys must work hard and carry out our plan on match day. We have the playing personnel to do the job and I am positive we will cross the Korean hurdle.
In 2007 in Canada, Bosso’s wards defeated Costa Rica and Scotland and drew with Japan to reach the Round of 16, where they edged fellow Africans Zambia 2-1 in Ottawa to set up a quarterfinal date with Chile in Montreal.
That team, captained by Nduka Ozokwo, stood up to the Chileans for 90 minutes but collapsed in extra time under the covered arena of the Montreal Olympic Stadium. Bosso said he is aware of
the quarter-final banana peel and will not stumble this time.
“It is a new day, a new championship, a new city and a new team. Nigeria has been in the final of this same competition on two previous occasions. Our objective is to at least match that feat. Once we’re in the final, anything can happen, said Bosso.
- The extorting and suffocating security check points in South-Eastern Nigeria.Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria, for quite a long time, suffering under the pains and suffocation of countless checkpoints mounted in the area by different Nigeria security forces, including the Army and Police. The argument is that the checkpoints are…
- Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side.Definition Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side, arising due to the paralysis of specific nerves. This syndrome can manifest at any stage of life; approximately 5 percent of those affected have…
- Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area.Overview Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area. It can occur in various parts of the body and may range from a mild annoyance to a severe, debilitating…
- Nigeria Supreme Court reject Atiku Abubakar CSU evidence against Tinubu.The Supreme Court of Nigeria has dismissed the application by Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to admit fresh evidence in his appeal against President Bola Tinubu for lack of jurisdiction. The apex court said…
- Supreme Court of Nigeria approve it’s live transmission of judgement today.The Supreme Court has approved the live transmission of its judgment in the applications challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu during the 2023 presidential election. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola, gave the approval moments ago. The appeals…