According to report, A popular retired Islamic scholar in Zamfara State, Alhaji Mujeed Danbaba has lamented that the rate of merciless killings, kidnappings, rape and other criminal activities has gone beyond control, forcing people to live in perpetual fears.
Danbaba said that even with the coordinated security networks and public outcries, the bandits had continued to unleash terror attacks on communities unabated.
Speaking to news agencies in Gusau, the State capital, the Islamic teacher said that within a few days, bandits have attacked communities in Bakura, Maradun and Tsafe Local Government Areas of the State, killing and maiming innocent citizens.
He wondered how the bandits were getting their arms and ammunition that are more sophisticated than those of the military and security agencies.
Thousands of locals have lost their lives, many kidnapped and several abducted victims released after payments of ransom that involved millions of Naira, while many have been displaced, turning uncountable women to widows and thousands of children to orphans, he lamented.
According to him, the bandits have proved to be more superior than the government, lamenting that how they get their resources to purchase those sophisticated weapons remained very surprising and questionable.
There is no doubt that the government is generating huge amounts of resources especially from crude oil, yet it cannot purchase sophisticated weapons like the bandits do.
There is no doubt that the government generates more resources than the bandits but because of lack of political will, the terrorists are having the upper hand.
It is not clear whether the bandits are operating on their own or they are being sponsored by some highly placed Individuals who are seriously benefiting from the inhuman activities; it is left for the security agencies to find out, he added.
Danbaba lamented that the situation was becoming worse on a daily basis, pointing out that no place even in the State capital was free from merciless killings, maiming of innocent lives and rampant kidnapping.
- The extorting and suffocating security check points in South-Eastern Nigeria.Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria, for quite a long time, suffering under the pains and suffocation of countless checkpoints mounted in the area by different Nigeria security forces, including the Army and Police. The argument is that the checkpoints are meant…
- Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side.Definition Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side, arising due to the paralysis of specific nerves. This syndrome can manifest at any stage of life; approximately 5 percent of those affected have it…
- Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area.Overview Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area. It can occur in various parts of the body and may range from a mild annoyance to a severe, debilitating condition….
- Nigeria Supreme Court reject Atiku Abubakar CSU evidence against Tinubu.The Supreme Court of Nigeria has dismissed the application by Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to admit fresh evidence in his appeal against President Bola Tinubu for lack of jurisdiction. The apex court said Atiku’s…
- Supreme Court of Nigeria approve it’s live transmission of judgement today.The Supreme Court has approved the live transmission of its judgment in the applications challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu during the 2023 presidential election. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola, gave the approval moments ago. The appeals challenging…