According to news report some angry youths from Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Edo and Akwa-Ibom states are not happy with Godswill Akpabio, senator-elect for Akwa-Ibom North-West district for what they called his lackluster performance when he was minister of Niger-Delta.
Grouping under the aegis of the Anti Corruption Crusaders Network, they shut down the East~West road, the only road linking the whole of the region to other parts of the country, asking for the probe of Akpabio. They also asked Bola Tinubu, president of Nigeria, to move against his senate presidency bid.
Akpabio, former Akwa-Ibom state governor, is contesting tomorrow’s Nigeria’s senate presidency.
With placards, bearing various unprintable anti-Akpabio inscriptions, the youths said they are not proud that the 60-year old is contesting the exalted position of senate presidency, alleging that he performed woefully as minister of Niger-Delta.
One of the leaders of the protesters who did not want names mentioned, said “Don’t support any criminal in your government. The likes of Sen. Godswill Akpabio should not be named president of the senate in the 10th National Assembly. It will be like a cat kept in the same room with fishes.
It will devour them. Like goat in the same room with yams. We the people of Niger delta region are saying that Sen. Akpabio is grossly incompetent going by his record when he was minister of Niger-Delta. He did everything alone. Every employment he did, he gave everything to Akwa Ibom state.
Another said: “I can understand the pain of our youths. It is very unfortunate where the wealth of this country is coming from still going through this kind of perennial pain and suffering. Look at the road the only road that feeds the Niger delta economy.
The FG needs to respond to the challenges of Niger-Delta urgently especially this road. Some of our leaders have betrayed us. In appointing leaders, we need to look at their track records.
The golden eggs were laid from this place. We want reformation. There are people who are not supposed to be there. Akpabio knows himself. He has squandered our commonwealth. He was there as a minister, he did nothing.
Senate presidency is an exalted position. The number three man in the country must be someone that is fearless, someone that isn’t stained. Akpabio has messed us up. We are not happy. What is he going back there to do? Must we keep recycling old politicians?
- The extorting and suffocating security check points in South-Eastern Nigeria.Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria, for quite a long time, suffering under the pains and suffocation of countless checkpoints mounted in the area by different Nigeria security forces, including the Army and Police. The argument is that the checkpoints are meant…
- Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side.Definition Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side, arising due to the paralysis of specific nerves. This syndrome can manifest at any stage of life; approximately 5 percent of those affected have it…
- Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area.Overview Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area. It can occur in various parts of the body and may range from a mild annoyance to a severe, debilitating condition….
- Nigeria Supreme Court reject Atiku Abubakar CSU evidence against Tinubu.The Supreme Court of Nigeria has dismissed the application by Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to admit fresh evidence in his appeal against President Bola Tinubu for lack of jurisdiction. The apex court said Atiku’s…
- Supreme Court of Nigeria approve it’s live transmission of judgement today.The Supreme Court has approved the live transmission of its judgment in the applications challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu during the 2023 presidential election. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola, gave the approval moments ago. The appeals challenging…