No fewer than six members of a vigilante group were killed on Tuesday night attack by terrorists in Sambak, a community in Riyom Local Government of Plateau State.
The spokesperson of the 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, Ishaku Sabastine, confirmed the incident on Wednesday.
The attack served as a diversion because we had received prior information indicating that the criminals intended to target Tashek and Wereng in an attempt to steal cattle in Riyom. Unfortunately, this diversionary attack resulted in the loss of six lives in Riyom.
As the Publicity Secretary of the Berom Youth Movement (BYM), Rwang Tengwong, explained to reporters, the victims who were conducting surveillance were suddenly ambushed by the gunmen.
The gunmen initially shot two of the vigilantes. Subsequently, when four of their colleagues rushed to assist and evacuate the injured, they too were mercilessly gunned down. Consequently, the total number of casualties reached six.
This attack on Tuesday represents a continuation of the cycle of retaliatory assaults between farming communities and herders within the state.
According to reports, a tragic incident unfolded in Barikin Ladi Local Government Area on Monday, resulting in the reported loss of 22 lives.
The spokesperson for the state’s police command, while confirming the attack that occurred on Monday night, urged the citizens to promptly reach out to the police in case of any emergency, emphasizing that such communication would aid the security forces in swiftly addressing the issue.
Governor Caleb Mutfuwang expressed his strong condemnation of the recent attacks and provided assurance that the government is fully committed to resolving the situation. He called upon all individuals in the state to remain calm and united in the face of these challenges.
What is your opinion on this matter? Kindly drop your comment in the box below, and share the post.
- The extorting and suffocating security check points in South-Eastern Nigeria.Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria, for quite a long time, suffering under the pains and suffocation of countless checkpoints mounted in the area by different Nigeria security forces, including the Army and Police. The argument is that the…
- Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side.Definition Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side, arising due to the paralysis of specific nerves. This syndrome can manifest at any stage of life; approximately 5 percent of those…
- Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area.Overview Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area. It can occur in various parts of the body and may range from a mild annoyance to a…
- Nigeria Supreme Court reject Atiku Abubakar CSU evidence against Tinubu.The Supreme Court of Nigeria has dismissed the application by Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to admit fresh evidence in his appeal against President Bola Tinubu for lack of jurisdiction. The apex…
- Supreme Court of Nigeria approve it’s live transmission of judgement today.The Supreme Court has approved the live transmission of its judgment in the applications challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu during the 2023 presidential election. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola, gave the approval moments ago….