Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid have agreed a deal worth €250 million ($271 million) for the sale of football superstar Kylian Mbappe, according to an exclusive report from a popular news site PSG Community, which would shatter the world transfer record.
The French outlet reports that a meeting was held between PSG’s Qatari owners and Real Madrid representatives on Wednesday and that negotiations have “accelerated”.
Since then, the Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Than – who is also the owner of the Ligue 1 champions – and Real Madrid president Florentino Perez have exchanged messages in the last few hours to reach an agreement.
According to PSG Community’s information, the sale of the forward will be worth an initial €200 million ($217 million) with another €50 million ($55 million) due in bonuses related to the number of matches the 24-year-old plays for Los Blancos and whether Mbappe gets his hands on the sport’s highest individual accolade for the world’s best player known as the Ballon d’Or.
If the report is accurate and the deal goes ahead, Real Madrid will effectively smash the world transfer record previously broken when PSG activated Neymar’s €222 million ($243 million) FC Barcelona release clause in 2017.
Mbappe joined PSG on loan from Monaco in the same summer before he was made the world’s most expensive teenager in a permanent deal worth a rumoured €145 million ($159 million) plus €35 million ($38.3 million) in add-ons a year later.
That Real Madrid would be prepared to hand over such money is extraordinary considering Mbappe becomes a free agent in just over a year’s time.
The Russia 2018 World Cup winner was on the verge of joining Los Blancos in spring 2022 when his terms at the Parc des Princes were expiring, but he then performed a dramatic U-turn and extended with PSG until 2024.
As Mbappe explained in a statement to the AFP recently, though, he informed his current club in July 2022 that he would not be extending his contract again when it nears expiry.
Mbappe has also subsequently tweeted he is “very happy” at the Parc des Princes and intends to fulfil his commitment to PSG, but the club has reportedly taken a hard line with their star player explaining that he will be sold if he does not commit his future to them.
Numerous outlets including Mundo Deportivo reported that PSG would refuse to sell Mbappe to Real Madrid, but it appears that the Emir has caved in on this and would instead prefer to make a profit on his most valuable asset.
As of yet, AS and MARCA – the two big sports newspapers in the Spanish capital that cover Madrid in depth – have neither confirmed or denied that there is an agreement in place between the pair of European giants.
Earlier on Thursday, however, AS did carry PSG Community‘s report explaining how the renew or be sold ultimatum PSG issued to Mbappe was still in place.
- The extorting and suffocating security check points in South-Eastern Nigeria.Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria, for quite a long time, suffering under the pains and suffocation of countless checkpoints mounted in the area by different Nigeria security forces, including the Army and Police. The argument is that the checkpoints are meant to enforce security and…
- Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side.Definition Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side, arising due to the paralysis of specific nerves. This syndrome can manifest at any stage of life; approximately 5 percent of those affected have it since birth (congenital). Horner…
- Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area.Overview Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area. It can occur in various parts of the body and may range from a mild annoyance to a severe, debilitating condition. Pruritus can be caused…
- Nigeria Supreme Court reject Atiku Abubakar CSU evidence against Tinubu.The Supreme Court of Nigeria has dismissed the application by Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to admit fresh evidence in his appeal against President Bola Tinubu for lack of jurisdiction. The apex court said Atiku’s petition was a friendly…
- Supreme Court of Nigeria approve it’s live transmission of judgement today.The Supreme Court has approved the live transmission of its judgment in the applications challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu during the 2023 presidential election. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola, gave the approval moments ago. The appeals challenging Tinubu’s election were filed…