Wagner PMC boss Yevgeny Prigozhin released new audio Monday explaining his decision to turn around his march on Moscow.
Prigozhin said he wanted to avoid Russian bloodshed and also said the march was a demonstration of protest and not intended to overturn power in the country.
The Russian Defense Ministry had planned for Wagner private military group to “cease to exist” starting on July 1, the group’s founder Yevgeny Prigozhin claimed Monday in an audio message.
As a result of intrigues, ill-conceived decisions, Wagner PMC was supposed to cease to exist on July 1, 2023;
PMC Wagner did not want to sign a contract with MoD, because this would lead to a complete loss of combat capability;
Those fighters who were ready to go to the MoD did so. But it was the minimum amount, estimated at 1-2%;
PMC Wagner wanted to become a part of any other structure in order to be useful to their Motherland, but they were not heard;
Wagner were going to move as a convoy on June 30 to Rostov and publicly hand over the equipment near the SMO HQ.
We did not show any aggression, we were under a missile attack. 30 Wagner fighters were killed. This was the trigger that we should move forward immediately.
During the entire march, which lasted 24 hours, Wagner covered 780 km, not a single soldier on the ground was killed. We regret that we were forced to strike at air assets. But these weapons delivered missile strikes.
During the march, all military facilities that were along the road were blocked and neutralized;
None of the fighters was forced into this campaign, and everyone knew the ultimate goal;
The goal was to prevent destruction of PMC Wagner and bring to justice people who with their unprofessional actions made a huge number of mistakes during the military defense. This was demanded by the public, all the military personnel who saw us during the march supported us.
We stopped at the moment when the first assault detachment, which approached 200 kilometers, made reconnaissance of the area and it was obvious that a lot of blood would be shed.
Our decision to turn around were based on two factors: the fact that we did not want to shed Russian blood. The second factor is that we went to demonstrate our protest, and not to overthrow the government in the country.
At this time, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko extended his hand and offered to find solutions for the further work of Wagner PMC.
Our march of justice showed the most serious security problems throughout the country.
We showed a master class of what February 24, 2022 should have looked like.
- The extorting and suffocating security check points in South-Eastern Nigeria.Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria, for quite a long time, suffering under the pains and suffocation of countless checkpoints mounted in the area by different Nigeria security forces, including the Army and Police. The argument is that the checkpoints are…
- Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side.Definition Horner syndrome is a condition impacting the eye and adjacent facial tissues on one side, arising due to the paralysis of specific nerves. This syndrome can manifest at any stage of life; approximately 5 percent of those affected have…
- Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area.Overview Pruritus, also known as itchy skin, is an unpleasant sensation that prompts the desire to scratch the affected area. It can occur in various parts of the body and may range from a mild annoyance to a severe, debilitating…
- Nigeria Supreme Court reject Atiku Abubakar CSU evidence against Tinubu.The Supreme Court of Nigeria has dismissed the application by Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to admit fresh evidence in his appeal against President Bola Tinubu for lack of jurisdiction. The apex court said…
- Supreme Court of Nigeria approve it’s live transmission of judgement today.The Supreme Court has approved the live transmission of its judgment in the applications challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu during the 2023 presidential election. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola, gave the approval moments ago. The appeals…